Mount Eliza Unit web site colophon
As we already had a number of web site hosting accounts, we simply registered a new domain name and set up the hosting for it on one of our existing hosting accounts. Then we selected WordPress as the content publishing platform, installed it and configured it.
If you’re looking to do something similar and don’t have a web hosting account, then you should consider setting up a free site at WordPress.com. However, if you want to use your own domain name (which we’d recommend), then you’ll have to pay for that premium option. Likewise if you want your website to be advertising free.
The Mount Eliza Unit For Sale web site runs using the WordPress v3.3.1 blogging and content management system, an open source solution released under the GNU license scheme. WordPress is a solution built using the PHP scripting language, with MySQL for the database.
The Splendio Theme created by DesignDisease is installed. Quite a few changes had to be made to this theme to get it to work the way we wanted. It still doesn’t play well with some WordPress plugins. If we were starting again, we’d probably look at a Genesis Framework based theme from StudioPress.
Several WordPress plugins are installed:
- WP Featured Content Slider – Required by the Splendio theme
- WP-PageNavi – Required by the Splendio theme
- flickrRSS – Required by the Splendio theme
- Google XML Sitemaps
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Exploit Scanner
- Comprehensive Google Map Plugin
- Google Analytics for WordPress
- Social Metrics
- Twitter Follow Button – I’ve modified this plugin to add a ‘Follow me on Pinterest’ button
- Pinterest ‘Pin it’ Button
- Share Rail
- WP Greet Box
- WP Smush.it
- Use Google Libraries
- W3 Total Cache
The Mount Eliza Unit For Sale web site is hosted by JaguarPC on servers running the Linux operating system, using the Apache web server.
The Mount Eliza Unit For Sale web site respects W3C standards.
Adobe Illustrator CS5.5 and Adobe PhotoShop CS5.5 are used to build the graphics for the Mount Eliza Unit For Sale web site.
NoteTab Pro and Microsoft Word 2010 are used as the text editors to write the content.
Google Analytics is used to analyse web site traffic and marketing effectiveness.
An Animoto account is used to generate the feature and short video slide shows for the web site.
A Bitly account is used for URL shortening and tracking, plus QR Code generation.
A Canon PowerShot S100 camera is used to take the majority of the photos.
TweetDeck is used to publish and manage tweets.
Our friend and technology journalist Anthony Caruana mentioned what we’re doing with Pinterest and this blog on Lifehacker. See Selling Your House 2010s Style.
Quick Response (QR) Codes
See how we’re using the Mount Eliza unit QR Code to help prospective buyers find this web site.
The Herald Sun published an item about what we’re doing on page 22 of the Saturday, 10th March 2012 edition. See it online at http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/property-clicks-in-for-property-owners/story-fn7x8me2-1226295356018.
The Mount Eliza Unit For Sale web site is optimised for a screen resolution of 1024×800 or higher, with web browsers MS Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, or Mozilla Firefox 1.0 or later.
- Animoto | blog | colophon | Facebook | Mount Eliza Unit For Sale | Pinterest | platform | QR code | Quick Response Codes | social media | tools | TweetDeck | Twitter | web site | web standards | website | WordPress | YouTube
About Mount Eliza Unit For Sale5/67 Canadian Bay Road, Mount Eliza VIC 3930 | Asking Price: $319,500 ONO | Home Unit / Apartment, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, 2 Car Spaces | 50 metres from vibrant Mt Eliza Village In the heart of town, fronting the aptly named ‘Village Lane’, on the corner with ‘Canadian Bay Road’, this lovingly maintained, tastefully renovated, private ground floor, solid brick construction, home unit is a true value, prized find! This delightful apartment, in a quiet location, is perfect for those downsizing, early retirees, professional couples, busy singles, or first home owners seeking convenience and a sought-after beach-side locale. It’s absolutely ideal for owner/occupiers, and for property investors it's a prime location addition to your property investment portfolio. The most striking feature is the location, with the Mt Eliza Village cosmopolitan lifestyle of cafes and boutiques right on your doorstep. An easy, short walk to shops, supermarkets, restaurants, medical centres, public transport, parks, numerous sporting facilities, beaches, plus both public and private schools. Followed up with a spacious lounge/living room looking out onto your own sunny balcony/patio, plus an updated kitchen, complete with dishwasher, electric under bench oven, gas cook top, rangehood and meals area. Two generous sized bedrooms with built-in wardrobes, plus linen closet by the front door. It also offers a newly renovated, handy combined bathroom with shower and euro style laundry, separate toilet, plus ultra quiet, reverse cycle cooling and heating. With a fully enclosed front entry foyer, a protected front balcony/patio, plus rear terrace, it even boasts two allocated car spaces on the title, plus an external storage facility. The stylish, modern presentation in a neutral decor, fresh interior and exterior paintwork, new blinds throughout, plus the wonderful body corporate taking care of the community garden duties (no mowing!), all combine to deliver an ultra-low maintenance lifestyle. A lovely, tranquil, sunny spot to call home, as privacy and peace fill the atmosphere along with the chirping of the various rosellas and kookaburras that call this area their home. A dream come true, ready for you, there is absolutely nothing to do but move straight in. The vendor is able to offer short settlement terms. Don’t miss out! | Real Estate Agents: Eview Real Estate Partners Frankston David Politakis on 0438 779 735 or email@example.com / Janice Dunn on 0402 285 698 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Real Estate Agent
David Politakis from Eview Real Estate Partners – Frankston is handling the sale of this Mount Eliza property.
Mobile: 0438 779 735
- Mount Eliza unit is “Sold”
- Mount Eliza unit is “Under Offer”
- Reiffel Hair Cutters in Mount Eliza
- Invest with confidence
- Mt Eliza Farmers’ Market – Sun 22-Apr-2012
- Open for inspection – Sat 21-Apr-2012
- Mount Eliza Unit campaign results
- Floor plan and site layout
- Pinterest and this blog
- Autumn in Mount Eliza
- Living in Mount Eliza
- Mt Eliza mobile library
- Open for inspection – Sat 24-Mar-2012
- Morning Star Estate – a fab spot close to home
- Open for inspection – Sat 17-Mar-2012
- Meika’s cat door
- French dining at Bistro Maison
- Open for inspection – Sat 10-Mar-2012
- Mount Eliza Unit web site colophon
- Space saver in the laundry
- Mount Eliza unit bus stop
- Mount Eliza unit QR Code
- Schools nearby to Mount Eliza unit
- Open for inspection – Sat 3-Mar-2012
- Mount Eliza Deli
- It’s been an amazing journey!
- Relaxing, peaceful sleep in Mount Eliza home unit
- Mt Eliza Village Fruits
- The heart of my apartment
- Host of community activities right across the street
- Sunday afternoon swim at Canadian Bay beach
- Sunday morning coffee in Mount Eliza Village
- Canadian Bay Hotel – live music in Mt Eliza
- Mount Eliza home unit storage shed
- Mount Eliza home unit car parking
- Mt Eliza Farmers’ Market – Sun 26-Feb-2012
- 5/67 Canadian Bay Road Mount Eliza – Home Unit For Sale